Friday, December 01, 2006

Patsy Kline was "Crazy", not Ahmadinejad

David Seaton's News Links
I've had a complaint from one of my far flung readers because I referred to Iran's letter writing President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad as "crazy". What I meant, dear reader, was that if an American politician were to say something as perfectly reasonable as, "Would it not be more beneficial to bring the US officers and soldiers home, and to spend the astronomical US military expenditures in Iraq for the welfare and prosperity of the American people? As you know very well, many victims of Katrina continue to suffer, and countless Americans continue to live in poverty and homelessness," everybody would surely think he was nuts and his political career would be terminated forthwith. So, what's sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander, and that makes Ahmadinejad nuts. Sorry. DS

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the clarification. I think I didn't understand what you meant in the original post. I see now what you were saying.

I was directed here by a link at Juan Cole's blog (one of the best blogs ever) and so far, I have very much liked what you are doing.

Thanks for linking to so many thoughtful pieces. As an American, I need large doses of impartial, reality-based analysis to counteract the relentless spinning of the American commercial media.